This year has certainly been a strange one, with worries, anxiety, and stress that perhaps you have never had to deal with or experienced before. So, during this festive period, it is the perfect time to reflect and remind yourself of the positives, and practice mindfulness. We’ve put together a guide to help you to have a mindful Christmas and ways to help you stay positive at the end of the year.
- Be thankful for everything you already have, rather than wanting more. For example, being appreciative of the Christmas meal that’s cooked, without having too much excess. Remember to think about those that are less fortunate than you, especially around this time of year.
- Make sure you slow down. Christmas is normally a hectic time of year but is especially different this year. Maybe try to do a bit less and relax a little bit more, in the extra hours that you have gained from not travelling here, there, and everywhere or rushing around the shops.
- To remain relaxed throughout, try and be prepared and order gifts in advance to avoid stress of late presents and postal issues. If Christmas shopping and activities can be overwhelming, make some lists to help get your thoughts onto paper and a give yourself a sense of achievement when ticking off an item as completed.
- Try some festive crafting and baking activities. They can help to relieve stress and anxiety, but also can produce some great homemade gifts that mean you can avoid the rush and stress of going to the shops for store-bought items.
- Aim to give to charity more so this year, as they have particularly struggled during the pandemic. Maybe buy one less present and donate the money you would have used to charity. Or volunteer to help out those in need locally or in your own family, who cannot access shops so easily, to do their shopping. Help where you can at food banks or a charity for the homeless, for those who are particularly vulnerable during winter.
- Try to take a winter walk over Christmas time, perhaps on Boxing Day. It’s a great way to clear the mind, focus on the positives of the year, and also get a little bit active during an overly indulgent time.
From all of us here at CCH Live, we wish you a very merry Christmas, and a happy and healthy New Year!
#Christmas #Mindfulness #MindfulChristmas #Positive #Festive